Setting Up Your New LifeGuardian™ Medical Alarm System At Home
Quick, Easy In-Home Set-Up and Testing
Welcome to the new feeling of security that you will enjoy knowing you, or your loved ones, are safe and protected.
Your LifeGuardian™ Medical Alarm System has been factory-inspected, pre-programmed and pre-tested to make your set-up quick and easy.
System Set-up and Testing Instructions
Welcome to the new feeling of security that you will enjoy knowing you, or your loved ones, are safe and protected. Your LifeGuardian™ Medical Alarm System has been inspected, pre-programmed and pre-tested to make your set-up quick and easy.
IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO COMPLETE ALL THE STEPS BELOW IN ORDER TO INSURE CORRECT SYSTEM OPERATION - AND TO PREVENT AN ACCIDENTAL FALSE ALARM DURING SET-UP!
1. SET-UP BASE CONSOLE INTERCOM
- Remove the large white base console unit from the box and unwrap.
- Choose a central location where it will have the fewest obstacles (walls, doors, etc). This location must also have an AC outlet and a standard telephone wall jack nearby. It may be placed on a kitchen counter, living room or bedroom table.
- Plug the Console into the AC outlet. IMPORTANT! Be sure that the AC outlet you select is NOT a switched outlet (meaning it can be turned on/off by a nearby wall switch).
- Turn on the Console. The on/off switch is the black sliding switch located on the bottom next to the telephone jacks. Move it to the â€œOnâ€ position. Your Console should beep once & the green power light should remain lit.
2. CHECK THE PERSONAL HELP BUTTON(S)
- Press the "Emergency Button" on the front of the Console.
- The Console should confirm the emergency button was pressed by repeatedly announcing "EMERGENCY! EMERGENCY!" Once activated, you may cancel the emergency alert by pressing the "Clear" button on the front of the console.
- Locate & remove the small black wireless Personal Help Button from the box.
- Press the Personal Help Button and Console should again announce "EMERGENCY! EMERGENCY!" Test the Personal Help Button throughout the house at various locations to insure it is functional at all occupied rooms or areas.
- If there is one or more locations where pressing the Personal Help Button does not cause the Console go into Emergency mode, you should STOP the testing. Move the console to a different location in the home and begin testing again.
3. TEST YOUR NEW SYSTEM WITH SECURITY CENTER
- Turn over the Console. On the bottom, locate the phone jack marked "Line". Using the supplied phone cord, plug one end into the "Line" jack on the Console and the other end into the wall telephone jack. Be sure that this phone line is touch tone dialed and no extra digits are required to be dialed to connect to a regular outside telephone line.
- You may plug a telephone into the Console. Simply plug it into the "Phone" jack on the bottom of the Console. If you have DSL service on this phone line, you will need to install a filter on this extension.
- Call the Security Center toll-free number. When a dispatcher answers, say "Iâ€™m a LifeGuardian subscriber and need to conduct a 2-Way Audio Test".
- Security Center will ask for your Account Number or provide them with your name and address for verification purposes. The Security Center will place your system in "test" mode. During this brief test period, all emergency alarms received from your new system will not cause an emergency response.
- Hang up your telephone. Wait two minutes and press your console "Emergency" button or Personal Help Button. This will trigger an actual alarm test call. You will hear the console sound the "Emergency" alarm for about one minute. This lets you know the system has been activated and, in the event of an accidental alarm, allows you to press the "clear" button to cancel.
- At the end of the alarm warning, the console should state "emergency reported" followed by about 30 seconds of silence. Next, the voice of an emergency operator should be heard from the base console. Ask the emergency operator if they can hear you by speaking back over the console speaker. If you can speak with the Security Center dispatcher, your system is fully functional.
- The alarm "test period" will expire automatically - no need to call back. You have successfully set-up your new LifeGuardian system and it is now ready in the event of a personal emergency!
- IMPORTANT! If a live emergency operator is not heard from your console, or if the Security Center can not hear you, your system is NOT working properly. Until you have successfully tested your system with Security Center, it may not work in the event of an actual emergency or alarm. Please recheck all your connections, wires and operating power and telephone dial tone.
- If for any reason you are not able to successfully complete your system test, please notify our technical support department at 800-378-2957 Ext: 712. We have trained technicians on call who are happy to assist you.
4. THAT'S IT...YOU ARE ALL DONE!
- Your LifeGuardian™ Medical Alarm System now is ready and waiting to assist you. Remember to keep your Personal Help Button with you at all times for maximum protection accidents and emergencies are never planned!
- Please Note: Subscriber is responsible for conducting a free weekly system test with the Security Center (as outlined above) to insure reliable operation in the event of an actual emergency.